The Next Gen Leadership: Advancing Lawyers of Color advisory board members met at the end of 2018 to chart the future direction of the initiative’s digital content. The advisory board determined three ideal outcomes:
- To amplify the voices of minority attorneys and showcase successes;
- To give young lawyers access to diverse attorneys who have succeeded; and
- To increase the retention of diverse attorneys among legal employers.
To do this, the advisory board committed to the following deliverables:
- Easy-to-digest tips on networking, communicating value, and how to be a business advisor that board members have used to advance their careers;
- Written articles on the steps they take to execute these tips; and
- Regular live “Ask-a-Mentor” sessions open to all lawyers of color to provide access to successful ethnic minority attorneys.
The theme for January 2019 is Networking. Check out the Top 5 Networking Tips from our advisory board.
And register here for our first ever “Ask-a-mentor” session on March 5